Thursday, March 10, 2011

This is the Stuff

Today, I am jumping on the bandwagon of Mamakat's (nearly infamous) Writer's Workshop.When I saw the prompts posted earlier this week, I knew exactly what I was going to write about. Prompt #5 is "A Song with Significance".

When I was working at the insurance company, I started listening to Life 102.5 streaming every day. Very quickly, I became addicted to Francesca Batistelli's "This is the Stuff." It's one of those songs that just puts you in a good mood with its bouncy melody and will make you laugh as you nod your head at the things you can relate to.

My daughter, being a huge MercyMe fan, is also a fan of 102.5. She calls it the MercyMe station because that's the band she knows. One day, "This is the Stuff" came on the radio and she was hooked! That night, we watched the video on YouTube and she started singing along with the lyrics on the screen. This was a beautiful experience for me because she could read the lyrics and the girl can hold a tune!

That Sunday, we were listening to the radio on our way to church and it came on again. I thought she was going to have a complete and utter meltdown when I wouldn't let her finish listening to the song because we were running behind. She's never reacted that way to anything.

This week, when I was having "the talk" with my friend, I played "This is the Stuff" for her. At first, this diehard Skillet and hard rock fan was rolling her eyes at my bouncy pop music. Once Francesca started singing, it didn't take long for her to start laughing at the situations she has been in.

In a way, "This is the Stuff" has become a tool in my arsenal. It's a fun song that I would play for anyone anytime and talk about after it is done playing. Every time I hear the song now, I think of my beautiful daughter and I bouncing around our dining room, singing at the top of our lungs and my friend laughing at a song she was sure she wouldn't love!


1 comment:

  1. What a great song!!! Music makes me happy too. I have a soundtrack for my life! :)
    Thanks for posting such a fun post.

    Stopping by from Mama Kat's

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...