Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Here I am Lord

As I type this, I'm listening to our church service from the end of February and "Here I am Lord" is the first hymn in the service. This is the service my step-mom led where she kept commenting about everything falling together. There's something about sitting in the quiet of my living room with no distractions to make me truly listen to the lyrics. What a beautiful song that is so fitting for life right now.


I, the Lord of snow and rain,
I have born my peoples pain.
I have wept for love of them, They turn away.
I will break their hearts of stone,
Give them hearts for love alone.
I will speak My word to them,
Whom shall I send?

Here I am Lord, Is it I Lord?
I have heard You calling in the night.
I will go Lord, if You lead me.
I will hold Your people in my heart.


Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all could answer His call in this way?

1 comment:

  1. This is such a sweet hymn! I knoe my life is just a tool for me to serve Him and I would happily drop it all and Go to Him.

    I wish everyone could be so upfront about thier faith and able to really say, "I'm here, use me for your purposes Lord!"

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...