Thursday, March 10, 2011

Knowing God's Will

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will. ~Romans 12:2


When I made note of this verse, I was just starting the blog and it "popped" at me. He was telling me something and as I typed it just now, it's even more meaningful than the first time I read it.


I may sound like a broken record when I say I had no intentions of starting this blog, but it's so very true. Today, as I see numbers that it took me months to see on any previous blog I have attempted to write, I realize that He is leading readers to my blog and showing me that I have done the right thing by Him.

Most of us are so driven by what we think we should be doing and by trying to make ends meet that we don't take time to listen to what He is telling us. And if we feel him telling us to do something that isn't in line with our own desires, we're not likely to listen. Would you stop what you were doing if He asked?

We don't know better than God and sometimes we need to trust what He tells us. It may be something as simple as approaching someone you feel drawn to and saying hello or it could be inviting a friend to church. Perhaps he has given you talents to help others in need or share His story.

Today is the day to stop listening to what the world is telling you to do and spend time listening to Him. If possible, find a quiet space and close your eyes. First, pray for Him to clear your mind of the thoughts racing and then, when your mind is clear, sit. Feel His presence with you and listen to what He is telling you.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, and very true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is easy to get caught up in what I want to be doing, rather than waiting. I'm trying so hard- but sometimes it's so difficult. I just get impatient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going along with the crowd never benefited anybody. So many of our supposed problems would simply vanish or get resolved only if we take the time to listen to our inner voice. Attuning our will with God's will is truly a harmonious way to exist

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...