Sunday, March 6, 2011

It All Comes Together

Last weekend, my step-mom stood in for our pastor and led the Sunday worship service. She commented about how she hadn't been sure what she was going to write less than 24 hours before the service and yet the message she conveyed and the songs that were picked months prior by our music director were a perfect fit. She said at least twice how God just made everything come together. At the time, it sounded a bit cheesy, but I could understand it.

It wasn't until tonight that I truly understood what she was saying. You see, I had a "moment" in church today as our pastor talked about giving our gifts to others. I'm supposed to use the gift God gave me to share my experiences with others. Immediately, I felt that I had to start a blog. Then, I reminded myself that I'm a really bad blogger, I don't keep a schedule, I ramble, etc. But God is leading me to do this.

In the past when I've attempted to blog, I've had a tendency to blog about being a mom or trying to be my own person while being a mom. Now, I can't imagine why I would write about something so self-centered. Sure, there will be times I will post about my family life, my kids and my personal struggles, but what would make a person want to keep coming back to read about my (truly boring) life?

This time, I wanted a title with meaning so I turned to my Bible.  I thought I had found the perfect verse to form the foundation for my blog. That is, it was perfect until the verse had already been used as a blog URL. So, I placed my trust in Him and flipped to the back of my Bible where it has a guide to verses for various scenarios one may want to read about.  Immediately, my eye was drawn to the word "serve" and I followed the suggestion and opened my Bible to Galatians 5:13.

You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love.

The verse that follows is the Golden Rule, Love your neighbor as yourself. And this was my aha moment. God gave me the answer before I asked the question today. During the service, our pastor taught this rule to the children and we all prayed together that God would lead us to serve one another in love.  Honestly, it was a small part of the service that I had put out of my mind until a few minutes ago. And now, here we are!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. God does prompt us to use our gifts for Him. I am glad you listened. He will bless your obedience.

    Blessings,
    Kendra
    www.abusywomanslife.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...