Monday, March 21, 2011

She Speaks - A Journey of Self-Discovery

She Speaks Conference
Ever since stumbling upon the information about She Speaks, I have felt that I was given that information for a reason, that I need to be there.  I also know that with me staying at home right now, that's just about impossible unless I can win a scholarship. But what if I don't win? What if God has other women in mind who need it more than me? I have entered several contests and He keeps choosing someone else. Even though I know that He works through us and He is the one truly choosing the winners, it's nearly impossible to not feel down at some point.

What if I am supposed to go to She Speaks even if I don't win a scholarship. Anything worth getting is worth working for, right? So, I'm going to start working towards raising my own funds. It won't be easy but it will give me a total appreciation for the knowledge I will gain while I'm there. Hopefully, I will come home with the know-how on getting the books in my head onto paper and into print.

I think those around me are starting to think I'm crazy for repeatedly saying that I'm giving control over to God, but I truly feel that I am allowing Him to work in my mlife for the first time ever. And if this conference is truly His desire for me, He will show me the way to make it.

If you would be interested in helping me raise the funds to attend, please email me at  galatians513blog@gmail.com and I will send you the information of donating money to my scholarship fund directly through Proverbs 31 Ministries. This way, you know that your money is going where it should be, something you can never be too careful about on the internet!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of She Speaks before, but I think I'll check it out. Have you considered trying to find a corporate sponsor?

    Good luck, I hope you get there!

    Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...