Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Getting Personal?

Honestly, it's not something I thought much about, but a reader commented that people may want to get to know me. Imagine that, the one thing that hindered my blogging in the past (because I felt like I would overshare and talk about myself incessantly) is now the first comment I've gotten for improving my blog.

Over time, I hope that readers will get to know a bit about me and my family. Whether it's through devotions drawn from personal experiences or simply posting bits of our daily lives.

To give you a little background, I am the mom to two beautiful children, a daughter who is almost 6 and a son who is almost 2. I recently made the transition to staying home with my son (again) and I'm waiting to see what God has in store for me next. For now, I am enjoying the time at home with him more than I ever have in the past and I'm trying to learn to be an efficient, effective stay at home mom to both kids.

My husband works nights, which leaves me on my own with the kids much of the time. Unfortunately, it also means a lot of trying to keep the kids quiet so we don't wake him. My favorite time of day is in the evening when he wakes up and I am able to watch him spend time with the kids. Since starting his new job, he is more engaged with the kids than ever before and I thank God for bringing such a special man to be the father of our children.

I bounce around between hobbies, depending on what calls to me at the time. Sometimes I sew, other times I paint or knit, and some other times I just want to sit and read.

I don't know what's in store for me or for the family, but we're all on this journey together and I look forward to sharing some of that with you!

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to getting to know you Heather. I hope you take a moment to visit my blog, and get to know me!

    http://thoughtsofaworkingmom.com

    Thanks for joining the Back Fence. If you know of any other ladies that would like it there, let me know!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting you for BF! Lovely and inspirational blog:)
    http://articlesautismdisabilityinformation.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather! I am now following your blog, I am looking forward to reading it!

    Feel free to stop by my blog:
    www.danna-3pinkcupcakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting us get to know you. I know it's kind of hard to know how much to put out there. I blogged for a year before I finally used my first name only. I don't ever plan using my last name and I haven't ever used my husband's and son's name. I plan on making up fake names to use. My husband also works night shift. Keeping my son quiet so my husband can sleep is a struggle, I can't imagine trying to do it with two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet blog you have. It must be hard having your hubby working evenings but we do what we gotta do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks!

    It can be hard with him working nights, but it's really not much different than it was before. He's always been a night owl and I love to sleep, so I'd go to bed alone and many times I'd hog the bed and he'd take the couch rather than waking me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...